Scalable Path is looking for a Remote Expert React, NodeJS, & MongoDB Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is looking to pave new pathways in the way that users collaborate on, share and consume stories through text and video. Think of YouTube reimagined, telling stories around the campfire.
The web and mobile app have been live for over 2 years. The mobile app has trended in the app/play stores multiple times and business is growing every day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a senior React, NodeJS, and MongoDB Developer, you will be working within a team of distributed full-stack developers on the client's existing live web application built primarily in React, NodeJS, and MongoDB on AWS. Ideally, you will have experience working with high traffic systems, scalability, highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs and work well on a remote team.
As a team, we deliver high quality, responsive, and performant features. We ask questions, raise concerns and keep the big picture in mind while collaborating and following best practices. We perform code reviews for each other and improve our code when it is reviewed. We attend daily meetings and occasionally share our screens to show what we've been working on. We take ownership of our stories and see to it that they are tested by the QA team. Finally, we see the story through deployment.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will report to the project lead and participate in daily standup meetings with the web developers, QA engineer and the hands-on Product Owner & CEO. The team operates during PDT business hours. There is an existing daily meeting at 8:00am America/Los Angeles (-08:00) PST.
- React, Redux, NodeJS, and Express
- CSS & SASS
- Experience with high traffic systems
- Knowledge of potential security issues and mitigation techniques
- Able to build highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs
- Able to work well on a remote, multi-national team with Agile and Scrum
- Ability to work during PDT timezone business hours
- Strong written and spoken English
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Next.js and Server Side Rendering
- AWS DevOps (EKS, EC2, CloudFront + more)
- Experience as a lead developer, development manager, Scrum Master or other role with significant responsibility
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Ongoing long term
The pay rate for this role is from $35 to $55 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.